So I recently took a little trip down memory road and went to the wonderful city of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Go Blue! So I went to University of Michigan – Ann Arbor and it is one of those cities that you may leave but it never leaves you. So of course I try to make it back and visit, especially during football season. It makes it easier that my partner in crime – Alexa – still lives on campus so I get to visit her and bum around Ann Arbor like a townie.
This isn’t going to be a rant about how great Michigan is because honestly I could go on forever. Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated when you are on vacation or on a different schedule than you are used to but there are definitely ways to work around it! So I have some advice or tips on how to stay motivated while on vacay and not completely fall off the wagon.
- Make your friends partake. I forced Alexa into going to a workout class with me at OTF – Ann Arbor! But do y!u know what happened…. Alexa joined… While she wasn’t excited when I first told her that I was coming to Ann Arbor and making her workout with me, she not only loved it and joined – but she made me go with her on Monday morning for round 2!
- There is always time! I know you may think that there isn’t always time and you are always running around. But I bet you can find 30 minutes where you are just sitting around watching tv or sleeping in for an extra hour. Alexa was hungover and I wasn’t (WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS PEOPLE!) so I woke up and went for a run and by the time I was done and showered she was awake.
- It can be a great way to see the area! There were a lot of places on campus that I just like visiting – not doing anything special but just seeing the town and remembering all my favorite memories of that area. So running is a great way to sight-see. I ran past the Big House and down Main Street and through Kerrytown and back through the neighborhoods I used to live in.
- Keep something good going! And what I mean by that is, maybe my eating wasn’t the best (cue 2 baskets of mac and cheese bites with extra ranch) and maybe I had one too many (or five too many) bwalls – but I still drank a lot of water, was well rested (surprisingly), and exercise. So even if you go overboard, which I tend do to at Tio’s Mexican Café 😉 – I try to keep it in tact a little so I am not 100% fighting the battle of getting back on board. So if you are someone who doesn’t binge on food or alcohol then it is okay to slack a little in exercise. Just don’t slack a little bit in a lot of different areas. Keep SOMETHING going.
- Have fun! You’re on vacay so do something fun! I had a blast working out with Alexa and an amazing time running through Ann Arbor – so just make sure that whatever you do makes you happy still. But let’s be real, the working out releases endorphins which makes you happy (and happy people just don’t kill their husbands).
And then here is a list of my favorite songs that are keeping me moving right now and are bound to put a pep in your step 🙂 #summerpumpupjams
Closer by the Chainsmokers
Make Me by Britney Spears ft. G-Eazy
Cold Water by JBiebz
Gold by Kiiara
In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix ft Bebe Rexha
Let me Love You by Dj Snake ft JBiebz
This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft Rihanna
And any remix, cover, or mash-up by Conor Maynard and Timeflies